Last updated: October 24, 2019
“Personal Information” is any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, such as your email address, name, shipping and billing address, telephone number, company name, credit card information, any form of identification number or one or more factors specific to your physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
"MonkeyPod Users" are organizations that use the Sites for their intended purposes, namely to manage their businesses, track their financial activity, and track and interact with their donors and other constituents.
Information collected directly by MonkeyPod, Inc. for its own business purposes
We automatically collect information when you visit the Sites including your device's IP address, and basic statistics about how you use the Sites.
We collect Personal Information that you submit when visiting the Sites including registration information, contact information, payment card information if you make a donation or purchase, or other information as needed to provide particular products or services. All registered account holders are required to create a user password that, combined with your login email address, allows access to your account. This Personal Information is used to identify you as a registered user.
We store your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically and reasonably feasible to remove it.
We use the collected Personal Information for our legitimate business and operational interests and to improve our products and services, for example:
- To respond to your requests or inquiries
- To process transactions
- To manage or facilitate the operation and security of the Sites
- To enhance your experience with MonkeyPod
- To communicate with you about your account or other opportunities related to MonkeyPod
- To identify you or to authenticate your identity
- To monitor and improve the use and satisfaction of Site
- To conduct research and analysis
Information collected by MonkeyPod Users for their own business purposes
In the course of using the Sites, MonkeyPod Users typically collect and store Personal Information about their own donors, customers, vendors, employees, or other relationships. As a general principle, MonkeyPod, Inc. treats such information collected and/or stored by a MonkeyPod User through its use of the Sites ("User Information") as the property of that MonkeyPod User. MonkeyPod, Inc. does not monitor or constrain what data MonkeyPod Users choose to track or how they use that data. If you have questions or concerns about a particular MonkeyPod User's policies or practices with respect to your Personal Information, you should contact them directly.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, while MonkeyPod, Inc. does not access or use User Information for its own routine business purposes, we reserve the right to access and/or use User Information (including but not limited to Personal Information) as may be reasonably necessary:
- To comply with our own legal obligations
- To conduct research or analysis
- For other legitimate commercial purposes, provided, however, that such purposes only involve aggregated data and do not include the sale or other commercial exploitation of personally specific and identifiable User Information
We may collect information about how you connect (such as browser type and version, operating system, IP address, device type, time zone setting and Internet domain), the pages you viewed or searched for, page times, download errors, duration of page visit, page interaction information and any phone number used to call our customer service number, and location information (with your permission). We do not treat this information as Personal Information, except where the information can identify you when associated with other Personal Information we hold or where we are required to do so under applicable law.
Access from Outside the United States
The types of cookies we may use on our Website include:
- Session cookies — These temporary cookies expire and are automatically erased whenever you close your browser window. We may use session cookies to grant you access to content and to enable actions you must be logged in to do.
- Persistent cookies — These usually have an expiration date in the distant future and remain in your browser until they expire or you manually delete them. We may use persistent cookies to better understand your use patterns so we can improve the Sites. For example, we may use a persistent cookie to associate you with your user account or to remember your choices on the Sites.
- Third party cookies — We allow selected third parties to place cookies through the Sites to provide us with better insights into the use of the Sites or user demographics (e.g., Google Analytics). These third parties may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites. We do not control the use of such third party cookies or the resulting information and we are not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
How we handle sensitive information
Making a donation or purchase through the Sites requires that you provide credit card information. This is an example of "sensitive information" that must be treated with extra caution.
Our policy is not to store sensitive information except when it is necessary to do so. For example, we do not store full credit card numbers after transmitting them to our payment processing vendor.
When sensitive information must be transmitted over the internet, such as when we send a credit card number to our payment processing vendor, it is transmitted over encrypted channels, making it much more difficult for an attacker to intercept and steal.
The Sites are neither designed nor intended to be attractive for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 please do not submit any information to us.
Sharing your information with third-parties
Your privacy is important to us. We will never share your personal information with advertisers or other third-parties, with certain limited exceptions:
- When you transact business with a MonkeyPod User through the Sites, information you submit is provided to that user
- Some features/services require that we share information with third-party service providers, such as payment processors who perform services for us in connection with the Sites, or to complete or confirm a transaction or series of transactions that you conduct with us or (through the Sites) with a MonkeyPod User.
- In the event that MonkeyPod, Inc. goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, Personal Information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
Your California privacy rights
California residents are permitted by California law to request information about the manner in which we share certain categories of information with others for their marketing purposes. Please contact us to request this disclosure.
Your European privacy rights
For Individuals Within The EEA Only. Under the GDPR, in certain circumstances, you have the right to: (a) request access to any Personal Information we hold about you and related information, (b) obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate Personal Information, (c) request that your Personal Information is deleted provided the Personal Information is not required by MonkeyPod, Inc. for compliance with a legal obligation under European or Member State law or for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim, (d) prevent or restrict processing of your Personal Information, except to the extent processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; and (e) request transfer of your Personal Information directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
Notification of changes